05/09/2018

I think the way I developed I idea "living without money" before does not have enough color elements and detail ,because I just searched some rubbish fabric in the kx studio, actually I was kind of limited by the resource research.This time,inspired by  hippies and some people who have tried to live in moneyless life. I decided to try another way to develop my idea. I put some my daily stuff which are from my moneyless week on my body and do some interesting styling for more idea about silhouette, constructure and color.

05/11/2018

this reason why I want to do it in this way is because I am inspired by the artist francis alÿs, he always focus on something which is usually ignored by people.this time, I would like to use these all little thing which I used to get through the 1 week moneyless life.For another reason, I really want to something unique or personal in this project, so I have to try something which I have never done.that is also why I choose these little stuff around me.

the inspiration drawing from the styling

05/18/2018

after the initial dropping,i draw lots of development ,now I need to think about the color. fortunately the styling I did gives me some perfect color and color proportion,so I decided do some color development from that and think what kind of the fabric I should use.because I really  want to make it unique, this time I hope I could find some interesting fabric.the clean paper in the styling gives me some idea. I have never use the clean paper to make a garment,but the clean paper is to week.i have to find some fabric which has similar texture with the clean paper.for other fabrics, I just try to match the color.

development sheet1

development sheet3

development sheet5

evaluation

During this referral work, I do think I made lots of improvement.firstly, before this, I always think art should be something great, should be something dazzle the eyes, but actually it is not that, it could be something really common or something rarely nobody focus on.in this referral work, inspired by the artist francis alÿs, I just used lots of little stuff which I have never thought could be used for art.such as the bottle of still ,clean paper.cooking gloves ,charing line, chair, and the slippers. I am definitely happy with what I did for these.secondly, I break one bad impression on myself or something unconfident "I ma not good at color" in the previous project I usually black and white or two to three color.because I always think I not good at color,every time when I see some amazing drawing, I would say it s really awesome and also ask myself why i never to try some color, what are you worried about? and this time I think I break the nightmare for my self, I try lots of the color drawing on the a4 paper for almost 50 times to create some color combination which I think is perfect, and finally I did that, i got some really special experience and experiment from the color drawing.

05/14/2018

these 6 styling I made give me lots of idea about the color proportion, the abstract shape and some details. I just draw something from these styling.at the first I just draw one the tracing paper to copy that, however,I realize it doesn't  make too much sense.And so, I decided to draw something really abstract which is inspired by the shapes and some details on the images.in one word , the more abstract the better.

05/17/2018

I think for now. I am on the drapping process.For me, it is the hardest step for me. I just try to make something on the mannequin from the drawing. when I was doing the drapping I realized something, everything I draw is based on 2d.but the dropping is something 3d, so when I transformed the drawing into dropping, I find there are lots of choice for me, in this situation I need to considerate which way I should go and how I make it.

05/20/2018

actually,i realized the initial draping is not enough, since I add the color in my development ,the 2d drawing could give me more idea for the 3d drawing .because each constructure line and the line between the different color would give lofts choice to do the 3d development so I want to do it again, do some dropping and draw more development.And also I found  really hard to do some draping when I need to create the curve line, drawing the curve line on the body is quiet easy,however,when I try to achieve it on the manequin, its difficult to control the scale and angel. 

development sheet2

development sheet4